Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated PROGAM MANAGEMENT S&M and OS&M Sales - APAC AREA
, a Program Manager who is interested in supporting Hitachi Rail S&M and OS&M Sale Team in APAC area
. The position is based in Brisbane
or Perth - Australia
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the global Sales OS&M & Program Management S&M team in developing and implementing the OS&M strategy for APAC area;
- Expand the OS&M business in the region according to the OS&M BU roadmap and guidelines;
- Lead the OS&M commercial initiatives in APAC and cooperate with Local S&P Sales team for the combined (D&B, Rolling Stock and OS&M) business opportunities;
- Build the APAC OS&M Commercial department and S&M Program Management able to effectively manage and delivery all the initiatives and projects within the current and future pipeline;
- Manage day to day relationships with local customers across the S&M contract/s to resolve issues and problems;
- Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of Service & Maintenance projects for both S&TK (Signalling & Turn-key) and RS (Rolling Stock) in agreement with contractual KPIs and Performance;
- Ensure, manage and achieve for the APAC Area, the OS&M commercial budget, investments and targets, according to the OS&M BU strategy and guidelines;
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and achievement of the project targets for the S&M business in APAC, in terms of Costs, Revenues, Margin and Cash Flow ensuring coherence with bid assumptions and in compliance with the OS&M BU global targets.
- Support in cooperation with OS&M local technical manager, the mobilization, training and deployment of the OS&M team prior to the launch of any OS&M project in the APAC area;
- In cooperation with OS&M local technical manager, provide strategic direction, planning, and managing the development and implementation of policy and procedures for minimizing the life cycle maintenance costs, maximizing availability of facilities and systems, providing for system safety, maximizing reliability and providing adequate protection for employees, facilities, equipment, and parts;
- Provide direction to subordinate managers regarding the execution of the Service & Maintenance projects and the OS&M commercial plan;
- In cooperation with OS&M local technical manager, ensure the staffing of OS&M team in APAC region is aligned with the OS&M BU strategy and specifically in terms of level of competencies required and the growth of business expected;
- Perform and carry out any other duties as instructed / directed by the OS&M Head of Sales and Bidding management team;
- Lead and develop a safety culture across the OS&M department in APAC.
Job requirements Job Qualification
- An understanding of the regional business environment from stakeholder behavior to current contract circumstances is desirable;
- A natural consultancy style which constructively challenges the business and builds relationships at all levels of the organization;
- A pervasive knowledge of business organizations at strategic and operational levels;
- Working knowledge of the methods, equipment and techniques used in the design, development, maintenance and operation of rail systems;
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations and maintenance.
- Capacity to contribute to strategic business management issues;
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership at senior transport events;
- Highly skilled influencer with excellent negotiation skills;
- Ability to manage a defined budget, ensuring cost efficiency and value for money; and to forecast and prepare team budget plans and manage the implementation of spend against agreed objectives;
- Exposure to and interpretation of the financial management of simple and complex organization;
- Skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff
- Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Ability to make well considered decisions based on a complex information
- Ability to multi-task and analyze situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardizing human safety, quality and the committed performance targets
- Minimum of 10 years or more of general engineering and maintenance management experience
- Proven track record in the management of planning, operations, maintenance, design and construction and commercial & contractual matters;
- Degree holder in a relevant engineering discipline
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/