Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are currently looking for an experienced Account Manager with strong solution-selling capabilities and a high level of competence in identifying and developing sales opportunities to penetrate new commercial level prospects or to grow the footprint in an existing account base.
- -nbsp;Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will proactively create new business sales opportunities and grow existing Hitachi Vantara accounts.
- As a core member of the sales team, you will be responsible for a dedicated set of commercial accounts, both existing and prospective target accounts.
- You will own a personal sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Focus on developing Accounts and acquiring new business within an indirect sales approach with a direct touch
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer pain points and gauge the extent to which the Hitachi Vantara portfolio represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will highlight relevant offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total IT spend on Hitachi Vantara and competitor solutions.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- Maintaining knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and an in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy, with the ability to help the customer make future technology decisions.-nbsp;
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Experience should be in line with the Hitachi Vantara internal grade identified for the role.
- Demonstrable experience of software solution-selling within major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastruture economics.
- Show us that you have a consistent track record of sales achievement in high value orders within the new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organisation.
- You should be a self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in Hitachi Vantara solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge.
- Continously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- Act as a customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles to a sale in a logical fashion, emphasising the Hitachi Vantara solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, fluent in English and German-nbsp;
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.