Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will engage with Product Management and engineering leaders to help shape requirements for the engineering team. You will work with cross-functional engineering and corporate teams to design, implement and deliver complex software products and solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep product ownership from start to finish of each project.Responsibilities
- Own and drive numerous aspects of the product/solution as a member of a product owner team
- Research and understand our market, industry, and competition
- Participate in reviews of business requirements and understand customer use cases - challenges
- Map business requirements to technical features
- Assist with integrations, technology research, and architecture design
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into functional specifications and wireframes
- Take ownership for functional specifications
- Contribute to hands on engineering tasks and projects to deliver the product
- Participate in reviews of feature designs, test plans, documentation, and presentations
- Create content for and deliver knowledge transfer on new product features and enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional corporate teams on go-to-market related projectsQualifications
- 10-15+ years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of engineering processes.
- Design, develop and test most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Assist in risk management and mitigation skills
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity
- Deep understanding of designing and analyzing highly performant and scalable systems
- Working knowledge of containers and container orchestration frameworks a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for delivering results and a positive attitude for success
- Ability to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.