Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This role is responsible for working with external clients and internal stakeholders to develop, sell and deliver software and services solutions for the Energy market. The Responsible, in partnership with the account team, for leading the executive-level engagement with customers to develop a deep understanding of their strategic and IT business goals, and to develop, sell and deliver solutions that address these goals.-nbsp;
The role applies architectural, industry and interpersonal skills to engage and guide the customer regarding the challenges in today's market, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara portfolio and vision.-nbsp;
Working in partnership with Client Engagement Directors and Account teams, the role leverages specialist knowledge of the Energy industry (esp. electric T-D) alongside broad knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara solutions portfolio to provide high-level business and technical architectural guidance to align with the customer-s long-term plan and strategy.-nbsp;
The Lead Solutions Architect coordinates additional account resources as necessary and owns the long-term customer architectural blueprint, working to define and deliver best-fit solution roadmaps over multiple quarters/years.
- Establish new trusted executive and architectural relationships with major enterprise customers to support the client's business drivers and long-term strategy
- Develop enterprise-wide view of organization, systems and technology and establish the architectural vision for the opportunity, or account in general
- Lead business architecture design and best practice and develop core architectures that support industry-specific strategies
- Adopt responsibility for a wide range of architectural activities, working with internal account teams and clients to guide them through requirements analysis, application and/or process design specifications and design workshops
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and can build consensus with a dispersed and diverse team of senior executives, business and systems architects and account managers
- Builds and maintains external relationships in academia and with industry bodies, vendors, and technology analysts to learn and influence
- Assess and interpret client business, process and IT strategies and roadmaps to determine feasible IT and OT architectural models and create customer Architectural "Blueprints" and future roadmaps for products, solutions, and services
- Participate in internal exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of partners, alliances and ecosystems
- Provide input and guidance to Product Management in support of developing products and solutions that are scalable and profitable in the Energy market.
- Assess existing products applicability for the Energy market and suggest product direction, including for partner business units (e.g. ABB Power Grids).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or similar field (master's degree preferred)
- 15+ years related experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Will require ~50% travel (post Covid restrictions)
- Seeking a leader who can help build a team and a business in the Energy market
- Well-developed Energy industry expertise (esp. electric T-D) having a depth of understanding of both IT and business strategy spanning operations, finance, governance, and development
- A strategic thinker with the ability to understand a customer-s long-term IT strategy, align it to a complex portfolio of solutions and articulate through storytelling
- Well-practiced in Enterprise and Solution Architecture, having applied in the design and implementation of enterprise-wide complex systems and likely holding certifications in TOGAF or having associated academic achievements
- Experience in developing Business Models and Value Propositions that describe and quantify the business value of a solution
- Broad and experiential knowledge of new solutions and technologies (Analytics, AI/ML, Big Data, Cloud, Agile IT, Containers, and various competitive offerings)
- Previous experience in consultancy roles; practical experience and expertise in moderating workshop and various design engagements
- A natural communicator with good presentation and interpersonal attributes, confident and comfortable leading discussions in the room
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.