Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are looking to add motivated, talented people that enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems to our Product Support team. -nbsp;The Product Support team is the first point of contact for Hitachi Vantara-s customers. They field and triage all customer requests. This includes working directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document enhancements and answer a wide variety of technical questions. -nbsp;They communicate best practices and work cross-functionally with QA, Engineering, Professional Services and sales teams to help each customer achieve maximum value. -nbsp;The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety.
• Provide product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Pentaho Software Suite
• Provide clear, crisp communication to clients in understandable, easy to follow directions
• Setting proper expectations regarding client issues to ensure there is no ambiguity around solutions / timelines / etc.
• Document enhancement requests for the customer
• Maintaining an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Pentaho-s case tracking and problem management system.
• Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
• Web development tools: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI
• Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris
• Application servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic
• Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData
• Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
• Ability to interact effectively and empathize with customers
• Prior experience (5+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environment
• B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.