Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Opportunity
Works with sales, development, and delivery teams to devise solution architectures that are in alignment with customer requirements, Hitachi portfolio products and solutions, and Hitachi sales and marketing strategies. Works with other departments to establish and enhance design, technology, product development, solution delivery best practices through customer delivery projects. Requires 10 years' progressive experience in IoT solution development and/or delivery projects.Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Sales Teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships, through sales calls, workshops, and industry events.
- Lead customer and partner workshops and coordinate technical and manufacturing use case discussions among appropriate Hitachi and Customer personnel.
- Work with field sales and services sales to synthesize proposals, quotes, delivery project plans, and Statements of Work.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to the solution roadmaps. Influence roadmap changes to accelerate customer adoption and value, and incorporate roadmap activities into customer discussions.
- Coordinate the development of detailed solution architecture and design documents and diagrams to guide delivery team activities.
- Participate in manufacturing solution delivery project Scrum teams as Product Owner. Participate in daily standups, sprint planning, and sprint reviews.
- Maintain knowledge of roadmaps and current status of Hitachi Vantara and Hitachi Group portfolio products and solutions.
Desired Manufacturing IoT experience:
- Bachelor-s degree required (engineering degree preferred); MBA or PHD preferred.
- Experience in data analytics, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Experience in the application of analytics in the areas of machine maintenance, quality, and production processes.
- Understanding of Agile software development processes; hardware/network/IoT experience is a plus; software product/solution development experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent leadership skills and a solid business acumen.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. An aptitude to function within deadlines while working both independently and as a part of a team is essential.
- Proactive, rather than reactive, in mentality and execution.
- Detail-Oriented - Takes pride and initiative in one's work. Is well-organized, meticulous, and takes ownership of projects. Precise and demanding in flawless execution.
- Requires Strong collaboration and project management skills encompassing Engineering, Operations, Services and Sales Enablement teams.
- Fluent in English
- Travel up to 50%
- Experience working with or on the shop floor of a discreet manufacturer.
- Experience connecting to and fundamental understanding of PLC/DCS systems, electrical systems and machine controls
- Experience connecting to and fundamental understanding of SCADA and process historians
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience with MES/MOM
- Experience integrating to/from ERP and other enterprise systems
- Understanding of best manufacturing practices and processes (Lean Manufacturing, Industries 4.0, etc.)
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. At Hitachi Vantara we are proud of our culture which favours diverse thinking encourages collaboration and insists on respect and integrity. We aspire to create an energetic, dedicated, and enjoyable work environment for all and hope you will consider joining us!