Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Finance team who will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. This role is required to support payroll activities for ASEAN countries and act as focal payroll point of contact for the payroll of those countries.The core responsibilities include:
1. Monthly payroll activities:
• Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely.
• Preparation of input for payroll calculation, including overtime, and expatriate.
• All administration related to pensions, vacation days, insurances, bonuses, statutory contributions and other benefits.
• Oversees deliverables from external payroll provider.
• Reviews and checks the payroll output before HR and Finance Manager.
• Preparation of payroll file for finance team to process payment.
• Ensure that employee payroll processing is compliant with tax rules, federal and state laws.
• Assist in tax calculations, filing activities and reports as per local tax regulations.
• Support local statutory regulation submissions in collaboration with external payroll provider.
2. Preparation and submission of all documents and information required in accordance with local regulations (e.g. regulatory bodies, tax authorities, external auditors).
3. Post payroll accounting activities:
• Prepare and upload accounting journals relating to payroll, benefits and vacation for posting.
4. Other activities:
• Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles in the reporting to external payroll provider.
• Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions.
• Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references.
5. Other ad hoc activities including but not limited to:
• Participation in global and regional payroll projects and initiatives
• Support JSOX, statutory and tax audits
• Provide job trainings and mentor team members as needed.Qualifications
• 3-5 years direct experience involved in processing payroll especially for ASEAN countries. Additional exposure to other APAC countries is a plus.
• Certified Payroll Professional ("CPP") preferred but not required. Minimum a payroll related qualification is good to have.
• Strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, including federal and state regulations.
• Proficiency in Oracle ERP, payroll tools, as well as Microsoft Excel.
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism as this requires handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to facilitate and influence changes in internal and external groups
• Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
• Able to work well with different teams across different geographies
- Abiility to communicate in other languages will be an added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.