This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45648
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems UK Ltd
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Responsible for ensuring that Production line layouts and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming).
Typical Knowledge & Skills
· Exercise considerable initiative/judgement in work methods and in interpreting
· Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of team leader
· Ability to communicate with clarity, both verbally and in written form
· Demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities
· Excellent organisation skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of high-volume PLC controlled production equipment.
· Planning and performing equipment preventative maintenance.
· Improvement and modification of assembly/ test equipment and transfer systems.
· Service and maintenance of electrical and mechanical site services/plant.
· Supporting the installation of new equipment.
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
· Work independently, with minimal supervision
· Actively Committed to team development
· High levels of motivation and action orientated
· Understands how to work safely and also protect the safety of those around them
· Clear understanding of quality control and equipment handover
· Exposure to a fast paced automated manufacturing, with a clear understanding of fast action response maintenance
· Demonstrates an understanding of RCCA; good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
· Team player and wants to succeed as a team
· The confidence to respond positively when under pressure
Dimensions; Organisational Level & Limits of Authority
Reports to: Maintenance Team Leader
Direct Reports: None.
Responsible for Maintaining Spare Part Stock Levels, working within predetermined budgets.
Providing help/training for apprentices and KTM’s when required.
Typical Qualifications and Previous Experience
· BS7671 – Wiring Regulations certificate
· HNC – Mechatronics / industrial automation engineering or similar
· NVQ Level 3 / Time served advanced modern apprenticeship in maintenance engineering, electrical/mechanical maintenance or similar
· Proven experience on Repair, Maintenance and Process Improvement.
· Ideally experience in Fitting, Fabrication and Machining.
· Ideally experience on PLC controlled high volume equipment.