This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45651
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
We are currently seeking a Material Control Planner at our Monroe, Georgia location. The Material Control Planner will monitor and manage all aspects of our daily freight activities, planning routes, soliciting and evaluating bids, tracking costs, etc. In addition, the employee will be responsible for all packaging planning and development.
The Material Control Planner compiles and maintains material, parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas and to customers. Schedules production and communicates that schedule to Production.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2 years prior materials experience in auto or related industry preferred.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
3. Detail oriented.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. ERP system experience required.
6. Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Must be able to communicate and represent Hitachi in a professional manner with customer via telephone and in person.
8. Must also possess Group Leadership and Critical Thinking skills.
9. Must be able to work closely with other departments and be able to lead and coordinate small groups on an ad hoc basis.
10. Must have acceptable score on pre-employment assessments.
As needed, but collaboration and cooperation is essential.
Little physical effort required except: Occasionally may be required to lift up to 35 pounds. Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move about the plant.
Work performed in an office and plant environment. Required to wear safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).