Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The role of the Technical Expert (TE) - Content and Data Intelligence is to work in conjunction with the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ region) sales and presales teams, leveraging technical expertise to develop compelling solutions solving customers Unstructured Data challenges. The TE can go in depth with our portfolio of technologies such as the Hitachi Content Platform, HCP-Anywhere, Hitachi Content Intelligence and other associated technologies in the object storage space.
The Technical Expert (TE) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional is seen as a subject matter and industry expert, understanding industry trends, innovations and market directions including an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape. While the TE works very closely with ANZ Sales and Presales team, he also serves as a liaison to the Solutions Leads / Product Management (PM) for those solutions specific to their area of technical focus.-nbsp; In this liaison role, the TE provides communication to/from field teams and the Solutions / PM organizations. TE responsibilities include being the primary conduit for customer solution demonstrations and proof-of-value.
Finally, the Technical Expert will be required to play some level of Technology leadership in the ANZ region, championing pipeline and revenue closure in Content - Data Intelligence portfolio, participating in regional calls, and the execution of programs. Given the importance of this role and solution expertise focus, the TE must be able to support multiple sales campaigns concurrently while serving as the domain expert for account teams and their customers.
- Be the primary technical champion to drive the adoption of Hitachi Vantara technologies to solve our customer's biggest unstructured data challenges.
- Provide deep technical expertise on the Content and Data Intelligence solutions portfolio
- Participate in all Presales phases including RFI / RFP, Solution Reviews, Workshops, POC/POV and other customer interactions requiring technical assessment.
- Design, Review and validate architectural designs for enabling specific use cases.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Object Storage, S3 and REST APIs
- Engage and drive favorable positioning for Hitachi Vantara in competitive engagements.
- Establish and maintain core connections with product and engineering teams to represent the fields needs with respect to products and ensure that the field is kept up to date
- Represent Hitachi Vantara at a strategic level in industry events and in social media.
- A minimum of 12 years' IT experience, with at least 6 years spent supporting sales in a High Value solution-oriented company primarily in Object Storage solutions.
- An excellent knowledge of Object Storage solutions, S3 protocols and REST APIs. Prior experience in working for Technology companies and System Integrators in the Object storage solution space is highly desired.
- Some skills and knowledge in selling BigData / Hadoop / Data Analytics is preferred.
- Data center / Cloud solutions certification from AWS, Google, VMware.. would be preferred.
- Ability to conduct Customer value workshops, participate and present in customer events, EBCs and conduct Demos clearly articulating value for customers.
- A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value-added selling. Experience in Challenger Sales is strongly preferred.
- This role has no direct reports. However, provides guidance to account teams.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
- Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
- Ability to work as part of a team to address strategic business goals - execute programs
- The ability to manage competing business pressures effectively. Work with key stake holders, leaders in the company to bring key issues to resolution.
- A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.-nbsp;
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.