Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Quality Assurance
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) in factory or at suppliers.
• Perform First Articles Inspection (FAI) in factory or at suppliers.
• Interface technically with suppliers providing FAI materials for product destined to the manufacturing facility and support the FAI process.
• Review FAI activities performed by first tier suppliers.
• Authorize the use, release or acceptance of nonconforming materials from suppliers rejected on the line.
• Issue rejections (QN) to suppliers and track corrective actions from line rejections or incoming inspection.
• Work directly with suppliers to continuously improve the product and process quality.
• Work directly with suppliers to create root-cause corrective measure plans mitigating nonconformities.
• Support the supplier evaluation performance process.
• Regularly communicate with engineering and supply chain internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvements.
• Execute SAP transactions where - used, etc.
• Monitor material in blocked stock assigned as vendor issues.
• Audit suppliers when assigned.
• Other duties as assigned. Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 0-2 years in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in reading drawings and schematics
• Experience in a machine electronics / mechanics shop environment in a technical aspect
• Ability to use common measuring equipment in the above environments
• Proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
• Good communication skills relaying technical information via verbal or written communication
• Good problem solving skills
• Previous internal/external process/product auditing experience
• Familiarity with ANSI, ASTM and AAR standards
• Familiarity with IPC-610 & IPC-620
• Familiarity with SAP, ISO-9001 (ISO/TS 22163 a plus) Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• CQA, CQT certification American Society of Quality (ASQ)
• Welding inspection certification Education / Qualifications
Associates Degree or equivalent technical experience Languages
English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/