Hitachi Solutions Europe has an ambitious vision for growth, requiring process improvements to enable us to support this growth efficiently. A major area for improvement that we have identified is the way that we engage our Clients, with a key objective being to make it easier for clients to contract with us.
As the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the commercial aspects of client engagements, ensuring that Hitachi Solution's Client Agreements are easy for Clients to sign up to while also being fit for purpose, providing appropriate clarity regarding our mutual obligations and protecting Hitachi Solutions from excessive commercial and legal risk.
The role reports directly to the UK General Manager and is accountable to the EU Legal Council for ensuring Pan European consistency. They will be responsible for overseeing and progressing the contractual aspects all UK originated client agreements and renewals.Job Description
- Define and implement, in collaboration with colleagues, an improved contracting process and standard set of commercial terms for new clients.
- Oversee the contract review process to ensure that delays and bottlenecks are minimised
- Assist the Sales and Service teams with the contractual aspects of client engagements to ensure consistency and quality of agreements
- Engage client procurement and legal teams in contract negotiations
- Review and sign off Master Agreements and our larger Work Orders.
- Work closely with Hitachi's legal team to ensure contracts are legally sound and to resolve queries or issues that expose Hitachi to potential legal risk
- Assist the Sales team with RFQ's by ensuring that 1) any contractual questions are answered correctly and 2) taking the client's perspective and validating that their questions have been appropriately answered
- Have experience negotiating Project and Services-based contracts of varying sizes with or on behalf of both small to mid-providers and Pan European Systems Integrators
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy reviewing/proofing contracts
- Have had responsibility for agreeing or approving contractual terms with clients/suppliers
- Are familiar with the legal requirements of contracts and are able to confidently determine when it is appropriate to defer to your legal colleagues
- Are an experienced negotiator and are able to secure positive outcomes for both client and company
- Are a team player, who is able to build relationships across the business, and secure support from people not under your direct responsibility
- Multi-lingual with German or French as a strong second language is desirable