Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Global Development and Delivery Center) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage architectures.
The GDDC Storage Architect will serve as the Lead Storage Administrator in the design, implementation, and management of the storage environment. Extensive knowledge of SAN/NAS architecture is essential. Primary responsibilities will be to drive storage strategies and recommend industry best practices for storage solutions provide proactive storage forecasting, design and deploy effective storage solutions, research new and emerging technologies.Responsibilities
• Design, implementation, and management of the storage environment ( Hitachi - NetAPP/EMC)
• Managing architect and maintaining storage tiers
• Should be able to provide architecture level recommendations
• Architecture Knowledge on at least 3 storage technology products (preferably Hitachi, Netapp, EMC )
• Experience in Hitachi VSP, VSP G Series, NetApp, EMC VMAX, Solution Enabler, VNX.
• Must have Replication experience
• Netapp, Filler, Vfiller configuration and management, Data Ontap 7 and above with NAS and SAN both operations
• Migration Experience in both Storage and Host level
• Storage Performance analysis.
• Allocating, De-Allocating, re-sizing and initializing on-line storage volumes
• Managing on-line storage thresholds and relevant data archives, Perform data replication activities by using storage replication (Asynchronous or Synchronous replication), Capacity and Data Store Management
• Strong experience in Netapp 7- mode and cluster- mode configuration and support
• Design, Configure and Maintain Fiber Channel Switches ( Cisco - Brocade)
• Experience Performing Zoning Activities using CLI, BNA and Device Manager.
• Performance analysis and troubleshooting using Tuning Manager.Qualifications
• At least 10+ Years of experience within complex IT environments including In-depth knowledge of storage concepts and architecture, specifically within the Hitachi, NetAPP, EMC and Cisco hardware product line. A strong understanding of data storage components and protocols along with solid knowledge of Fiber Channel architecture. Comprehensive understanding of IT processes and best practices related to backup and recovery, and SAN technology.
• The Architect will work in a team environment supporting an Enterprise SAN and NAS infrastructure; performing design, tiring, allocation, installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Fast and independent learning capabilities, Good interpersonal skills, well organized, self-motivated person, strong customer service, project, and analytical skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Intellectual curiosity, especially around emerging enterprise technologies
• Ability to have a credible conversation with people from industry
• Experience with sales and sales processes
• ITIL Certified and well versed with ITIL processes
• Hitachi / NetApp / EMC Storage Certification-nbsp;
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.