This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45694
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering learning to instil and maintain competencies of staff in a variety of service & maintenance positions. This role is based at our Plymouth location.
This role supports the training for the differing fleets maintained at the TMC’s and any outstation connected to the maintenance contracts. Travel and staying away from home location may be required and there may be the occasional need to conduct training or assessments outside of standard Monday to Friday working hours.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Develop and deliver technical, operational and any required safety related training to meet the business needs including the use of SAP for differing user groups within the TMC’s
· Assist the L&D Manager in preparing for internal and external audits
· Ensure training records are accurate and processed in a timely manner
· Follow business processes & procedures safely
· Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
· Take part in activities to maintain your individual competence
· Carry out formal assessments to determine the competence of safety critical staff
· Work with other specialists to develop training material to meet identified specifications
· Carry out evaluations to continuously improve training documentation and delivery
· Be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
· Adhere to the Hitachi Rail equal opportunities policy.
· Comply with and implement our Health and Safety policy.
· Be involved in staff development & training and participate in the Personal Development Process (PDP)
· Undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required for the role
· A desire to assist and develop others and a passion for training
· Commitment to working as part of a team
· Experience in providing guidance and support to others
· Familiar with use and application of SAP software and business management tools
· Practical experience of carrying out maintenance and fault finding activities
· Ability to read and interpret electrical and pneumatic schematics and mechanical drawings
· Experience of communicating information and knowledge effectively both verbally and in writing
· Literate in Microsoft Office software to create and format documents including use of Email
· A good understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
· Experience of and commitment to the effective implementation of equal opportunities and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies
· Served an apprenticeship in either electrical or mechanical discipline or Level 3 qualification in either electrical or mechanical discipline
· Recognised qualifications in training and assessing to either company or national standards
· Experience of identifying individual and collective learning and development needs
· Experienced in writing training course guides and learner material to cater for different learning styles and identified needs
· High level of experience in use and application of SAP software and business management tools
· Vocational experience of T&RS maintenance and fault finding especially of modern T&RS fleets
· Experience of delivering basic maintenance / engineering skills technical training
· Practical experience in designing tests & assessments to ensure learning objectives have been met
· Practical experience of attending quality and standardisation meetings
· Practical experience of ensuring health & safety requirements are met in your area of responsibility
· Sound understanding of Non-Technical Skills (NTS) and how they are used within safety critical tasks
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!