HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Security and Control System Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
- Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Preferred previous experiences as SCADA and/or Maintenance Management System specialist in Railways and Mass Transit market.
- Basic knowledge of SCADA and/or Maintenance Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP and Modbus).
- Basic knowledge of standards and norms related to Safety Integrity Level (hw and sw).
- Basic knowledge of problems and solutions related to wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths, connections to Civil Works.
- Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.
- BS in an engineering discipline or relevant experience as an Electrical and Automation Engineer
- At least one year of professional experience in design or commissioning or performance testing for
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols (i.e. DNP3 and Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, MMIS systems (such as Maximo and similar), PLCs, SCADA gateways, managed Ethernet switches, media converters (fiber and serial) and digital Input/output devices.
- Training in business improvement or root cause analysis preferred
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel, self-directed, highly detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time, occasionally on short notice
- Demonstrated experience in customer-focused problem solving
: Bachelor's Degree
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/