Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Operations Service and Maintenance Proposal Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the management and execution of all bidding activities related to OS&M bids including joint business opportunities (DBM/DBOM bids and PPP/Project Financing)
- Ensure the cooperation with the S&P global sales & bidding management and with the S&P regional Bidding for joint business opportunities
- Ensure the definition, implementation and enforcement of OS&M standards, processes and tools for bidding;
- Contribute to the achievement of the overall regional OS&M sales targets
- Contribute to capitalization and sharing of know-how, tools and procedures within the Regions and with S&P BU
- Ensure collaboration with S&P BU in the bidding process of joint business opportunities
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail's Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
- Support OS&M BU president and Sales Manager in the PGs approval process and Bid Authorization process according to the current standards and processes
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Previous experience of co-ordinating O&M bidding activities
- Experience in managing costs in complex projects
- USA Railway transportation market knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and Meet Deadlines
- Collaboration and good relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Technical and economical Railway/Mass Transit Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
- Skills in cost modelling
- After-sales/service experience
- Rolling stock experience
Bachelor's Degree, or Equivalent Technical background, Commercial or Engineering Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/