This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45707
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
We are currently recruiting for Overhaul & Modifications Technicians to join our team at the North Pole train maintenance centre in West London. This is a permanent role working a rotating shift pattern (days/nights).
In this exciting role you will responsible for undertaking overhaul, modifications, corrective and preventative maintenance, servicing and complex repair and fault finding of Hitachi’s rolling stock assets.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Undertake overhaul and modification duties as directed by the Team Leader
· Perform Operations pre sale activates in preparation for final train commissioning, testing and acceptance by the customer.
· Perform the “safety of the line” inspections prior to commencement of nightly / daily testing and that this is recorded into the Maintenance Management System.
· Undertake the testing maintenance regime at North Pole or any other testing location as required in such a way as to not impact operational test running.
· Support the delivery of new trains and undertake the maintenance acceptance processes.
· Support the continued development of the SAP maintenance management system (MMS). Ensure all shop floor requirements are captured and delivered.
· Personally responsible for ensuring all materials removed from the store are recorded in SAP. Any materials being returned to the stores for repair are correctly labelled and process is followed. This applies to North Pole and at out based locations as required during testing and commissioning.
· Comply with the lean principles and best practice as instructed at North Pole and other out stabled locations as necessary.
· Undertake the required corrective and preventative running maintenance. Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner, undertake fault rectification or repair when required.
· Health & safety – Follow the correct working practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road ways/pits are kept clean after work.
· Attendance at testing locations, main line station and outstations to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance as required.
· Read and extract information from traction and rolling stock drawings and specifications
· Experience of working a 24/7 shift roster in a modern rolling stock maintenance depot environment.
· Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environments.
· Rolling stock test, approvals and commissioning experience preferably gained from a previous modern rolling stock fleet introduction.
· Highly experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective rolling stock maintenance on modern rolling stock. To include modern fault finding and repair techniques using pc based laptops and remote train diagnostics.
· Extensive experience of modern maintenance management systems (MMS) and associated reliability and available trend analysis.
· Experience of performing modifications and campaigns on modern rolling stock.
· Manual Handling, COSHH, working at height, Powered plant and tools – air / 110v experience.
· Served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines
· Engineering based NVQ level 3
· Can comfortable work within a team or on their own
· Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations (internal and external)
· Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
· Calm and diplomatic under pressure.
· Ability to investigate complex electrical and mechanical faults and write detailed reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
· Loyal, committed, confident and determined.
· Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
· Reading electrical, pneumatic, mechanical schematics and drawings reading
· Train driving, Fire warden, First Aider
· Powered plant and tools – bogie drop, cranes, air systems / 110v tools.
· Train driving assessment and licence
· Depot Protection
· Working at Height, COSHH, Manual handling, AC/DC Depot isolation
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail Limited, you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, generous annual leave and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!