The FIB Engineer I (FBE-1) position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon and supports the business objectives of HTA's Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED) related to sales of Reactive Ion Etch (RIE or Plasma Etch) equipment to the semiconductor industry. The position's main objective is to prepare high quality ultra-thin electron-transparent specimens for transmission electron microscopy (S/TEM) analysis and performing S/TEM analysis to support HTA's process development and process engineer teams.
Work Schedule: Day Shift, M - F 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science or position-relevant degree and experience level working with various semiconductor failure analysis tools.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Should have 0-3 years of experience working with various FIB, S/TEM, and other equipment, to prepare samples and perform imaging analysis.
Experience using an FIB and/or SEM is highly desirable.
Knowledge of semiconductor devices a plus.
Minimum travel required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver and have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong technical skills and knowledge of the procedures and techniques used in a laboratory. Understanding and operation of the common failure analysis tools like FIB-SEM, S/TEM, and EDX.
- Perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity. Ability to learn, operate, and maintain all lab equipment in order to collect, process and catalog analysis results.
- Must be able to focus on both accuracy as well as output in a complex work environment. Demonstrate tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to new situations. Be dependable and independent, as well as work within a team and support each other.
- Ability to change priorities quickly to meet customer’s needs. Effectively manage competing priorities.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal customers, external customers and vendors. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees. Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic. (On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate information effectively to vendors, customers, and manager regarding lab issues, activities, and schedules.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the facility. Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to work overtime, shift work, and/or flexible schedule as needed.
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy.
- Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities