Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Automation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Assist the development manager to deliver software which fulfills input requirements (Functional, Performances, Quality), based on the best efficient modular design managing the best compromise between Budget, Schedule, Risks, Reuse and standardization for future. Accountabilities:
• Interact with Release Team and project representatives to do software builds, create releases and the associated release documentation.
• Responsible for understanding, modifying, and using tools for the build and release creation for the dispatching system software.
• Develop, release and maintain services and/or infrastructure used by software developer
• Participate in improving or providing input to replacing existing tools and processes for build and release management, through commercially available replacements, and/or in-house enhancements.
• Responsible for improving and documenting both new and existing procedures for build and release management.
• Respond to release requests and to ensure timely delivery of releases and release documentation.
• May be in a position that provides on-call support for time-sensitive issues that arise which require a new release.Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• 0-3 years of experience in Windows and Linux software development experience
• Excellent attention to detail skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Scripting experience within linux - such as bash
• Scripting experience with VBA
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with many parallel responsibilities and changing priorities.
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be self-motivated and able to self-teach.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prior experience working with bug tracking software integrated with source code control tools
• Awareness of the Agile mindset and Scrum methodologyEducation / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/