This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45720
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Hitachi Rail are looking for a talented Maintenance Technicians to join our Train Maintenance Centre in Swansea. This is a permanent role working on a rotating day and night shift basis.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to perform maintenance activities on Hitachi rolling stock. In this exciting new role you will be working in a dynamic work environment that values collaboration, adaptability and creativity.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Perform scheduled maintenance activities on the Hitachi rolling stock in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions
· Undertake servicing and preparation on Hitachi rolling stock.
· Undertake driving duties within depot confines in accordance with the depot operating procedures and instructions
· Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and maintenance procedures that support all depot and fleet activities
· Support the delivery of new trains and undertake the maintenance acceptance processes.
· Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner, undertake basic fault rectification or repair when required.
· Adherence to all health and safety processes and procedures.
· Attendance at testing locations, main line station and outstations to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance as required.
· Must be prepared to travel and overnight away from base location for short periods of time.
· Support the Maintenance Team Leaders in the delivery of the production plan.
· Record all work activities and stock consumption using the maintenance management system in accordance with maintenance processes and procedures.
· Working shifts to meet the service requirements of the fleet customers
· Experience of working a 24/7 shift roster in a modern rolling stock maintenance depot environment.
· Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environments.
· Experience of working at stabling outstations or main line station technical support.
· Modern fault finding and repair techniques using pc based laptops and remote train diagnostics.
· Extensive experience of modern maintenance management systems (MMS), associated reliability, and available trend analysis.
· Experience of performing modifications and campaigns on modern rolling stock.
· Manual Handling, COSHH, working at height, Powered plant and tools – air / 110v experience.
· Served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines
· Engineering based NVQ level 3
· Can comfortable work within a team or on their own
· Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations (internal and external)
· Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
· Calm and diplomatic under pressure.
· Ability to investigate complex electrical and mechanical faults and write detailed reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
· Loyal, committed, confident and determined.
· Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
· Reading electrical, pneumatic, mechanical schematics and drawings reading
· Train driving, Fire warden, First Aider
· Powered plant and tools – bogie drop, cranes, air systems / 110v tools.
· Depot Protection
· Network Rail Sentinel PTS
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, generous annual leave entitlement and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!