Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Pricing Strategist, as part of the APAC DOC (Deal Operations Center) team, provides analysis, optimization, recommendation and approval on competitive pricing of all Hitachi Vantara sales opportunities in APAC. He/she works closely with the field sales, other APAC DOC's functions (Configuration/PMO) and other internal teams to achieve the best responsiveness and accuracy in the production of quotations for customers.
• First port of call for all pricing recommendations of Customer deals, mainly of the capital expenditure ("CAPEX") type.
• Responsible for pricing approvals within approval and authority guidelines/processes for APAC sales opportunities.
• Provide recommendations for competitive pricing of products and solutions.
• Maintain an expert level knowledge of market conditions and competitive pricing.
• Ensure all Hitachi Vantara's product technologies (e.g. HDD types) are considered to ensure optimum profitability for each opportunity and successful win.
• Provide input to RFQ/RFP/RFI responses in the area of pricing and product modeling for large Global/International opportunities that have many unique characteristics.
• Maintain inventory level awareness and advice projected lead times to field sales.
• Proactively communicate and apply available Sales Promotions and Program Funds to optimize pricing and financials.
• Proactively communicate with other Pricing Strategists and the technical Configuration Strategists to uncover changes in requirements that may impact pricing and approval process.
• Manage and report Win/Loss activity for deals handled.
• Maintain a close working relationship with all key stakeholders, namely, but not limited to, APAC DOC personnel, Corporate and other Field Sales/Finance colleagues.Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree desirable.-nbsp;
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience directly related to pricing, commercial, sales support and/or financial analysis.
• Experience directly related to IT systems and data storage pricing issues advantageous.
• Prior experience in Customer Service, Commercial or a Sales support role is desirable
• Preferably knowledge of at least one of APAC storage industry; deal analysis; strategic pricing; awareness of US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards.
• A demonstrable ability and willingness to learn
• Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization
• Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
• Proficiency in English is mandatory. Capability in other major Asian languages is highly desirable. Language skills must permit detailed business discussions in those languages.Key attributes
• Detail oriented
• Financially focused
• Good business acumen
• Continuous learner
• Courageous and decisive
• Dynamic and committed
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Problem solver
• Logical thinker
• High standard of customer advocacy - internal and external
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.