Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated IT Operations Engineer
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. IT Accountabilities:
- Ensure the fulfillment of Service Requests, Service Incidents and Service Problems in accordance with agreed KPI's.
- Provide day-to-day Service Desk support to Hitachi Rail STS users in Honolulu and other sites located in North and South America.
- Act as the local/onsite LAN administrator and POC for all site related connectivity issues (working with Manager and INFRA team as needed).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of IT related projects as per agreed budget, time and quality.
- Provide direction and advice to Associate IT Engineers. Review and accept escalations as needed.
- Participate in the delivery of the following IT Services
- Backup & Data Recovery Management
- File and Print Management
- Logical access: VPN, SSL, Proxy, ACL, Security groups
- Messaging & Communication Infrastructure
- Virtualization and Mobile computing
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Carry out installations, configurations and maintenance on workstations, network equipment, servers, server side applications, printers, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Manager of IT Services for Americas.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and telephony.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Solve complex technical issues/problems involving multiple technology stacks (OS, application, network, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Operating System and application support (Active Directory, Exchange, DFS, DNS, DHCP, permissions, access levels, server roles).
- Experience with S2S IP SEC VPN, SSL Client to Site VPN, VLANS and MPLS technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with enterprise wireless technologies.
- Experience with Cisco video conferencing equipment/technologies.
- Previous experience in Global Enterprise Organization.
- Previous experience with Service Desk driven by SLA's/KPI's.
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices.
- PowerShell, PSEXEC, VB and logon script capabilities.
- Microsoft SCCM administration (system center configuration manager).
- Microsoft OCS experience (Skype for Business 2015).
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching.
- Experience with compliance reporting and patching.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches, cisco wireless access controllers and Cisco access points.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers