Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This role will be leading the quality engineering, testing and automation efforts in the development of IOT microservice platform and applications; responsible for test plan creation of end-2-end scenarios, help define test process, identify test gaps, design and implement automation suites.Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. Participated in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX; contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business, as well as leading design discussions on all testing or QE efforts.
- Own large sized manual and automation testing tasks and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Collaborate with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses - Product Managers to understand system level requirements, develop comprehensive QE testing strategies.
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
• Contribute to driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Develop and enhance test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across the organization.
• Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, integration and regression test suites.
• Uses latest test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost
• Be skilled at developing code for others to learn from.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and provide input on testability of products.
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team.
• Possess domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release - deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be an expert in assessing application performance.
• An understanding of software QA methodology, tools and processes.
• Working experience with software development and software quality engineering.
• Knowledge of current trends and advancements with software development and testing.
• Strong Knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Experience with web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.).
• Experience React, Angular or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Hands-on experience with automation framework, such as TestNG, Selenium, Carina, Cucumber, Jmeter .. etc.
• Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD)
• Experience with modern microservices architecture.
• Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a definite plus.
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools, such as GIT, Perforce, or ClearCase).
• Experience with build script and CI/CD.
• Hands-on experience with networking, VMWare/Xen/KVM, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.