This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45739
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
In this role you will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of the performance of the UK Operations, Service & Maintenance busienss, identifying trends, drawing conclusions and recommending corrective action to drive performance improvement in line with business obligations. We are recruiting this role on a permanent basis.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Building and maintaining key datasets and performance indicators, and the identification of trends to drive business improvement and supplier performance improvement.
· Monitoring the use of SAP data and information in regards to product, service and supplier quality in line with Global Quality Control obligations.
· Development and management of Quality PDCA improvement plans for product, service and supplier quality.
· Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders in the investigation and management of quality incidents.
· Report progress, prepare reports and give verbal briefs and presentations as required.
· Production of the quality period performance report for the leadership team.
· Promote, support and comply with all health and safety practices in the workplace.
· Undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required.
· Any other duties as directed by the Head of UK OS&M Quality Control.
· Vocational qualifications and experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills: must have ability to deliver confident and persuasive briefs.
· Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
· Capable of working in stressful environments for long periods.
· Previous experience of rolling stock maintenance and operations
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!