Presales Intern - 12 month ContractThe Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Presales Intern is a customer-focused technical sales professional who supports the Pre-Sales effort by creating opportunities and partnering with the Account Manager or Partner Manager in building a customer centric sales value proposition. They help provide the high level technical information and design/implementation guidance to our customers in a consultative manner.-nbsp;
With the support of our highly experienced presales team in Johannesburg you will grow to be able to:
a) establish a trust relationship with the account b) develop a strong understanding of customers issues and business, and c) formulate-nbsp; strategies/solutions that provide a positive impact to the customer's business.-nbsp;Job Responsibilities
- Understand the major transformational factors for the customer's industry.
- Partner with account manager to define the business account plan.
- Support opportunity prospecting by proactively generating leads through customer meetings, seminars and education.
- Gather intelligence on customer business issues and strategies in order to align Hitachi Vantara technology and solutions to address the customer's requirements.
- Understand Hitachi Vantara offerings/solutions that align to customer priorities
Develop and Present Solutions
- Conduct assessment of client business requirements and potential opportunities and create gap analysis and transition roadmap for products, solutions and services leveraging Hitachi Pre-Sales tools.
- Apply knowledge of customer business requirements to the creation of a Technical Account Plan and strategy, ensuring alignment with sales plan.
- Define customer business problem/opportunity in a technical context.
- Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity.
- Understand ecosystem of solution providers and ISVs likely to positively influence customer decision
- Develop the technical response to RFx's or the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software and services
- Research and demonstrate solution business benefits, including ROI, and articulate findings to customer
- Coordinate solution development, including services, leveraging pre-tested solutions/designs and researching customized solutions.
- Lead presentation of Hitachi Vantara solutions to customer, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material. Leverage additional resources as needed. (TE, Industry CTO, Enterprise Architect (EA), etc.)
- Sync with post-sales team and provide adequate documentation for clear handoff to post-sales organization.
- Ensure minimal/no post-sales time by educating the customer on how to use Post-Sales resources (Customer Service - Support (CS-S), Global Support Center (GSC), Global Solution Services (GSS)).
- If appropriate, document solutions and share findings with relevant teams, including the Pre-Sales community and/or Product Marketing/Engineering.
- Information Technology Degree - Essential
- Strong desire to learn about storage technology - Essential
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills. Must be able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in line with the company's Employment Equity strategy.