Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
-nbsp;Job Title: Resident Storage Technical Engineer Internship - 12 MonthsLocation: Johannesburg, South Africa
The role is responsible for performing Global Delivery Services as Resident Engineer Intern for one specific Hitachi Vantara customer at their premise to cover the tasks as defined in a Statement of Work. The role performs the assigned tasks, whilst building a customer-s confidence in Hitachi Vantara's service delivery capability.
The role is responsible for a smooth transition from implementation to operations and for the daily management of the environment.-nbsp;Responsibilities
- Perform innovative Delivery Services for one specific Hitachi Vantara customer at their premise, as defined in a Statement of Work as identified by your manager
- Work together with the customer's team to provide them support for the daily operation of their environment and coach them on the best practices
- Represent Hitachi Vantara on the internal sessions and meeting organized by the Customer and provide them support for their key decisions
- Be as the customer advocate on the Hitachi Vantara products
- Provide status information to the Resource Manager task status and completion estimates, making strong strategic decisions, based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Provide deliverable and dynamic presentations defined in the Statement of Work
- Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons-learnedQualificationsInformation Technology or Engineering Degree - Essential.Desire to learn about Storage Technology - EssentialStrong Communication skills-nbsp;
We are an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in line with the company's Employment Equity strategy.