Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Technical Sales Solutions Consultant (Presales Engineer) plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales software and hardware technical expertise. Working closely with the field sales organization, other consultants, and customer representatives, the Solutions Consultant provides support ranging from product specification presentations to product value discussions. Uses project management and customer relationship skills to align Hitachi Vantara Technology solutions with customers- business strategies. Demonstrates strong knowledge in one of Hitachi Vantara's key initiatives with thorough knowledge of all solution areas.Responsibilities
- Gathers data on customer business issues, analyses solutions, and employs this information in Hitachi Vantara engagements.
- Collaborates with the customer on development of a global growth roadmap.
- Uses understanding of customers- business needs and knowledge of industry trends in one or more disciplines (Business Continuity, Tiered Storage, or Storage Management) to build a business case for Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
- 10+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role in the Storage Industry or in a High-Value Solutions Infrastructure company-nbsp;
- 8+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry-nbsp;
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as; Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.-nbsp;
- Knowledgeable in ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize desired-nbsp;
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc. would be a plus-nbsp;
- Track record of success in Business Technology related sales.-nbsp;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.-nbsp;
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience
- Excellent whiteboarding Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.