Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Global Mobility Lead will manage the international assignment life-cycle - coordinate Immigration requirements, Relocation, Tax Equalization and provide advice on global mobility policy, best practice and compliance. They will use their knowledge, global mobility trends, policies and legislation to provide global mobility expertise and advise to the business. The position reports to the Director - Global Mobility.The Global Mobility Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the global mobility program for the EMEA region.
- Provide guidance, trends, policies and legislation on Brexit to the business
- Manage all immigration, Visa and work authorization for transfers and commuters
- Handle UK work permits end to end (without vendor involvement)
- Work closely with Immigration and Tax service vendors
- Maintain process documentation for the global mobility programs
- Assist with international assignment, permanent transfer, commuter, extended business trips and new transfers administration.
- Assist in managing all tax compliance programs, and support tax preparation services with Payroll and the vendor.
- Coordinate tax equalization settlements, payments and refund collections from employees
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the business leaders and stakeholders (HR/ Tax/ Finance/Payroll).
- Prepare reports to support the administration of the mobility program.
- 7+ years' experience in managing and administering international assignment policies and programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the end-to-end relocation process for international assignee-s.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in international assignments and relocation
- Solid work ethic and self-starter attitude is essential for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.