Job ID: 45757
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Finance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Corporate Finance & Accounting Group
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time Position
Hitachi America, Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. (Japan), is looking for a Treasury Analyst to support corporate treasury activities for a $4 billion group of US based companies. The Treasury Analyst will provide assistance to the Treasury group and act as backup to Treasury Manager.
· Daily administration of the cash management process which includes accounting/cash analysis, wire transfers, investment, lending activities, borrowings, interest expense and income. This will also include a cash forecasting plan with the assistance and approval from Treasury Assistant Manager.
· Plan and organize daily/monthly activities of Treasury: Daily journal entries, assist in the monthly closing, Global netting and loan collection and reporting for Japan Expats. To be completed by each deadline.
· Plan and monitor the daily work and back log of-other Treasury staff. Assist in backlog and answer any system and technical questions when behind.
· Analyze department procedures and find poor business practices or procedures. Discuss with Treasury Manager and each divisional manager to streamline processes.
· Work as a liaison between division subsidiaries and assists in operational needs. (i.e. payments/forecasts)
· Maintain Wall Street System workstation software as it relates to daily banking transactions, coding and applications of general ledger activity.
· Interest rate swap reporting and analysis
· Balance Sheet and Income Statement Analysis
· Train any additional staff to perform back up functions for the Treasury Group.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
· A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a corporate treasury group or in bank operations within a financial institution is required.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Knowledge of SAP, Bloomberg and Wallstreet or Kyriba Treasury Software preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
· Must be detail oriented and well organized.