Job ID: 45748
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Regional Sales Engineer
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Industrial Components & Equipment Division (ICED)
Location: Remote/Home Office
Status: Regular, Full-Time Position
Territory: Eastern Region
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is seeking a Regional Sales Engineer to develop industrial market segment sales of Hitachi Brand AC Inverter and Vortex Blower Products through existing and newly developed OEMs and industrial distributors to provide optimum coverage, sales promotion and market penetration in the eastern territory.
•Increase industrial market sales volume with both new and existing Hitachi brand industrial OEMs and distribution accounts by assisting to establish and implementation of sales strategies and marketing programs.
• Work with Representatives to identify, recruit and train distributors to provide improved geographic coverage in assigned territory.
• Assist distributor personnel and/or Representatives with presentations at existing and potential new OEM customer sites. Develop specifications and proposals as required. Strengthen sales personnel and application skills through continued c Inoaching and formal training.
• Actively participate in the development of sales forecasts with distributors and OEM accounts as an aid to sales operations staff in planning forward stocks.
• Be alert to competitive products and marketing practices and include in monthly reports to department management and Japan-side counterparts along with Hitachi activity within the assigned area.
• Submit special reports regarding the activity in assigned territory, acceptance or rejection of the products and competitive conditions beneficial to company operations/planning.
• Maintain log of significant quotations within territory in our CRM that would include won-loss reports targeted at improving future sales success.
• Recommend the addition of new products or features as appropriate.
• Attend and participate in Sales Meetings, Training Programs and Trade Shows as directed by manager and as needed to achieve sales targets.
• Participate in and contribute to programs or activity as assigned by cognizant management.
• BSEE, BSME preferred or equivalent formal training and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years directly related sales experience with variable speed motor control applications.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Some programming experience, such as C+, Python, etc. required
• Ability to travel up to 60% within the assigned territory, as needed.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities