Automotive Systems in Harrodsburg, KY is hiring! We are looking for
hard-working individuals with previous manufacturing experience, preferably in
the production of electronic components, to help us meet customer orders.
- 2nd Shift –
Monday - Thursday, 5:00 PM – 3:30 AM*
- D Shift -
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM*
- E Shift - Friday,
Saturday, Sunday, 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM*
Note: Must be willing to work overtime
*Hours may vary.
Pay Scale and Benefits:
- 2nd Shift -
$13.27 per hour plus $0.50 per hour shift premium
- D Shift -
$13.27 per hour plus $1.50 per hour shift premium
- E Shift -
$13.27 per hour plus $2.50 per hour shift premium
dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance benefits.
including discounts on Hitachi products, supplier discounts on vehicle
purchases, and more.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
assembly processes following standardized work instructions to complete
electronic assemblies and subassemblies using hands, tools, and
comprehends, and follows work instructions and established procedures.
materials, tools, and/or equipment needed to complete assembly processes.
precision measurements to ensure fit of components/materials.
materials and assembles parts to build components manually and/or using
- Carries out
all instructed/required quality checks, fills out appropriate check sheet
information, and inspects each component produced to ensure quality standards
- Performs all
assignments safely, wears any required personal protective items, and follows
all safety rules at all times.
- Ensures all
environmental (ISO 14001) policy initiatives and procedures are adhered to at
- Uses all
time wisely, works efficiently, and works effectively. Aids other team members
in getting tasks at hand complete when necessary/required.
- Looks for
ways to improve the production process. Shares process improvement ideas and
aids in the implementation of continuous improvement measures.
assigned work areas clean, neat, and free from clutter. Assists in cleaning
instruction from leadership, cooperates with other team members, has respect
for fellow team members, and functions effectively as a member of a team.
the importance of cross-training. There are many different tasks associated
with a team member position. Various tasks must be performed daily and team
members are expected to be flexible with regard to necessary changes in shift
and work location/assignment as needed.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior manufacturing experience in the production of electronic components preferred, but not required
- Reading skills - ability to read and comprehend basic work instructions, and follow instructions and standard work procedures
- Math skills - ability to do basic math
- Writing skills - ability to fill out necessary paperwork, including quality check sheets
- Mechanical aptitude - ability to do basic machine/equipment adjustments to ensure quality products
- Computer skills - ability to perform basic computer functions including using a mouse and keyboard, and utilizing any applicable company software applications
- Communication skills - ability to communicate effectively
- Teamwork skills - ability to work effectively with others
- Ethical conduct - ability to perform job duties in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Standing - up to 10-12 hours per day
- Lifting - supplies/parts/materials, up to 30-35 pounds repetitively
- Carrying – supplies/parts/materials, up to 30-35 pounds repetitively
- Maneuvering - use mechanical assist, various levers
- Walking - retrieval to placement of supplies/parts/materials, up to 10-12 hours per day
- Reaching - upward and downward reaching to retrieve supplies/parts/materials, up to 10-12 hours per day
- Handling - various supplies/parts/materials of different weights, up to 35 pounds repetitively
- Seeing – parts/materials handling and inspecting, up to 10-12 hours per day
- Finger Dexterity - small parts/materials handling, up to 10-12 hours per day
- Repetitive Work - handling parts/materials and stocking supplies, up to 10-12 hours per day
- Overtime - ability to work daily and weekly overtime, in excess of 40 hours per week
Qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps. Final candidates are subject to mandatory employment assessment, drug screen, and criminal background check.
(HIAMS)AM-HK is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).