Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Automation Practice Principal will be responsible for the orchestration of service education and support along with enabling sales within our line of business. The sales activities will be performed in collaboration with other specialist sales teams, technical resources, partners/GSI's. The Automation Practice Principal works with internal departments leveraging product teams to develop joint solutions and new opportunities.Responsibilities
• Ensure alignment to overall strategy with the ability to monitor, measure and communicate progress.
• Engage with sales team to support complex engagements, working with key decision makers and build effective relationships.
• Ensure a consistent One Hitachi approach for the customer by regular account team communication and alignment to one account plan
• Utilize business needs identification and Solution Selling
• Understand business priorities and the reliance on technology to achieve desired results
• Understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities
• Use solutions selling to identify opportunities that add value to our customers by helping them save money, make money or manage risk.
• Coordinate with internal teams to develop unique/specific solution offerings that are repeatable with counterparts that will be accepted in the market place, that provide joint wins for HV and partner specified.
• Evangelize and engage with HV Field Sales to educate on Partners Solution and how to work with said Partner.
• Responsible for integrity of proposals submitted including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity per price approval guidelines.Qualifications
• Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments is critical.
• Relationship and sell with experiences with top VARs and Integrators.
• Excellent time/organizational management and problem-solving skills.
• Effective written, phone and presentation skills.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
• Has a desire to learn and an aptitude for acquiring new skills and product knowledge.
• Must be a proficient user of SalesForce and other MS Office tools.
• Extensive experience in the digital infrastructure and storage space
• Executive presence and ability to influence (sell) to all levels within the partner assigned, customers and our internal organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Coordinate with Field Marketing on digital messaging and participation in regional events
• Ability to manage new business development, account plans, and prospecting activities
• Subject matter expertise in data storage, data analytics, big data, RPA, cloud solutions and digital transformation is preferred