Summary of the position:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for contributing to the short and long-term growth of the company through the development and execution of the strategic and tactical sales, customer service, and marketing plans for the Hitachi branded products. These products will include, but not be limited to, Scroll, Oil Flooded Screw, Oil Free Screw, and Air Treatment in complete packages and for OEM level products. The BDM will be responsible for growing these products in all our channels to market (Retail, Distribution, National Accounts, etc.). Sales growth is the significant objective for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for business development and sales & marketing to drive growth and achieve all targets and for channels alternative to Sullair brand and OEM channels.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to secure new businesses from OEM customer base and optimize profit and increase revenues. Manage day-to-day sales activities, OEM’s concerns, ensure account profitability, manage customer complaints and issues.
- Responsible for budgeting, planning, executing and managing sales plan, growth, and profitability. Meet assigned targets for sales growth, sales volume and strategic objectives in all sales paths to market.
- Analyze and understand distributor strategies, future product plans, and expansion activities to develop penetration strategies to increase current and new business opportunities, market share and territories.
- Know, understand, and counter the competition’s marketing efforts at all times as well as the need of our target market and customers. This is a comprehensive position and requires an individual equally adept at devising a successful strategy and sales plan as well as personally executing the plan and all associates tactical and strategic actions for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Develop new business by identifying new and emerging markets & channels for Hitachi products. Expand existing channels.
- Proactively lead a structured account management process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one-, three- and five-year period.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate end customer needs on an ongoing basis. Become the Voice of the Market for the assigned Product Lines. Work with Product Management to identify and structure product lines to support those needs.
- Provide product presentations to end users, distribution partners, engineering firms, and the like.
- Provide product training (including Value Proposition) to the Sullair sales teams, distribution partners, and sales agents for Sullair.
- Enlist the support of other Sullair sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales, financial, and management resources, as needed.
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Engineering. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of innovative sales and marketing experience, Account Management, or OEM sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Experience selling Compressed Air or Air Treatment products with a commercial/industrial application is preferred.
- Must have an established track record of having created successful sales and marketing programs and strategies.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, organize, and motivate multiple teams toward identified goals.
- The business acumen necessary to qualify and prioritize sales prospects/distributor based on revenue potential and other key variables.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to both deliver effective management/executive level presentations and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity and team player (builder). Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
- Excellent organizational skills and the discipline necessary to maintain a strong pipeline of prospects.
- Aptitude to learn the theory and application of compressors, air treatment, controls and air systems.
- Excellent familiarity of North American marketplace as it relates to the compressed air and/or air treatment industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Ability to travel 50-75% domestic and international.
- Excellent communication skills a strong desire for serving customers
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well independently or with a team
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.