Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Manufacturing Engineer (Internship) ROLE:
Assist in design, evaluation, and implementation of manufacturing processes for metal casting production. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the engineering department with:
- Design of new production processes and equipment.
- Implements use of new processes applying engineering knowledge.
- Evaluates/troubleshoots existing processes to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Provides project management support by helping to resolve issues with cross-functional project teams, contractors, & suppliers.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university QUALIFICATIONS:
- CAD/Solidworks experience required.
- Familiarity with metal machining processes.
- Ability to develop training instructions.
- Ability to develop process controls.
- Familiarity with plant and equipment layout.
- Ability to evaluate equipment capacity and utilization.
- Knowledge of TPM/6-S/Lean, Value Stream Mapping.
- Experience with root-cause analysis, process improvements, tooling and fixture design.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.