Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The EMEA - USA Senior Tax Accountant has oversight responsibility for all tax related work produced in the Center of Excellence department for assigned legal entities.
- preparation and submission of VAT declarations, European Sales/Purchase Listing and Intrastat reports in compliance with country tax regulations;
- production of CIT tax reporting packages on a quarterly base;
- looking after CIT accruals, prepayments and returns;
- ongoing advisory on Withholding Tax;
- preparation and submission of WEEE reports,
- preparation and submission of tax-related statistics required by national banks, customs offices, national office of statistics,
- calculation of local taxes in compliance with country regulations;
- close cooperation with PTP/RTR/Logistics/Sales Operations departments to ensure correct VAT treatment and accounting;
- assistance of data delivery in case of tax inspections and statutory audits.
Job Responsibilities with daily percentage of time spent-nbsp;
- support US team with US CIT declaration
- supports US team with Sales Tax Reporting
- supports US team with WHT administration on foreign vendor payments
- Compliance and Tax Accounting: 55%
- Ah-Hoc tax-related questions and issues: 25%
- Report Production: 15%
- Risk Management: 5 %.
- Undergrad or graduate degree preferably in Accountancy, Tax, Finance,-nbsp;Law
- Fluency in English
- typically 3-5 -nbsp;years of experience in tax
- Knowledge of International and Domestic tax legislation
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, Hyperion, MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills, international focus
- Pragmatic team player, accurate detail oriented with a hands on mentality
- Flexible while adhering to tight timelines, always prioritize and organized
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to work with different cultures across different functions and geographies
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willing to work from 11 am-nbsp;to 19 pm because of time difference with US
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.