Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The Senior Tax Specialist is an integral part of the EMEA Tax team of Global Financial Shared Service (GFSS) at Hitachi Vantara. The person leverages the specialized knowledge within this team. However, the Senior Tax Specialist will be assigned to provide services to one of the GFSS customers namely Hitachi Medical Systems Europe (HMSE).
HMSE is a business unit within Hitachi focusing on the sales and marketing of Medical Equipment. It has direct sales entities in approx. 10 European countries and it has one central pan-European Warehouse with inventories located in Germany, owned by the European HQ of HMSE in Switzerland.
The purpose of the role is to access the VAT processes at HMSE, drive changes and improvements and take ownership for VAT compliance and timely reporting.Responsibilities
- Investigate current VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales listing compliance issues: Travel to various European countries and build effective relationship with stakeholders (Logistics team, local finance managers etc.) in order to understand the 'issue list'
- Work together with SAP Project Leaders, SAP development team to ensure VAT functional requirements are properly translated into systems requirements ensuring Compliance. Document processes accordingly
- Leveraging the VAT expertise at the Hitachi Vantara Krakow, the SAP expertise and the historical knowledge of the current users, present a project plan / roadmap how to overcome the issues and to bring HMSE into 'steady state'
- Take-over (knowledge transfer) some of the day-to-day VAT from current users.
- Contribute to the design and further enhancement of a VAT internal control framework and also ensure standardization towards the Policies and Procedures for other Hitachi Vantara customers / Hitachi Vantara itself
- With the support of specialized resources at Hitachi Vantara Tax team, ensure the VAT coding in SAP Master Data is correct and kept up to date (functional ownership). Likewise ensure the invoice document design in SAP is meeting all compliance requirements related to HMSE transaction flows.
- Degree in Tax accounting and/or Financial Accounting
- Minimal 3 years' experience working in VAT
- Minimal 3 years' working knowledge in SAP, working experience in Oracle R12 would be a plus
- Fluent in English
- Good command of German or Spanish will be an asset
- Strong listening skills, influencing - communication skills
- High level energy and strong drive for change, at the same time ability to deal with resistance, stay calm under pressure or tight deadlines
- Team-player, understand how to successfully work in matrix environment
- Detail oriented, analytical, at the same time sees the bigger picture
- Hands on in the day-to-day tasks, practical approach but with the end-in-mind to contribute to deliver a high quality level and ensure compliance
- Ability to work with different cultures across different functions and geographies
- Willingness to travel in the first 12-18 months up to 30%
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.