Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Software Developer - Angular 2+
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the software lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete solution (components, documentation and tools)
• Contribute to the identification and ensure the application of software automation common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices
• Ensure the requirement identification and their mapping into specific detailed software requirements
• Ensure the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principle
• Ensure the definition of SW test planning and the related test execution by defining and setting up the test environment and the simulator engines
• Ensure the resolution of any SW issue affecting the delivery of a project.
• Ensure the integration test definition and execution Required Skills/Knowledge:
• An expert in Angular 2+; ideally with experience in C++ too
• Driven continual learner
• Very comfortable leading/coaching/pairing with others
• Comfortable working in advance of/in parallel to the authoring of long-form requirements, (e.g. can find ways to confirm the target, remain productive amidst occasional uncertainty, speak up so we can right the situation, etc.)
• Strong in recommending appropriate sustainable architecture/design patterns to employ, specifically for how Angular 2+ is implemented over a legacy application (i.e., adherence to the architectural attributes / "ilities" like modifiability, testability, supportability, scalability, performability, etc.)
• Ability to develop alongside the team, with ability to "lean in" by asserting experience-based architectural recommendations, and be able to defend those recommendations via sharable documented designs
• Understanding of the value of DevOps and has shown evidence of supporting manual SW process/delivery techniques while supporting/submitting ideas for increasing automation iteratively, as needed
• Strong, clear communication skills and willingness to produce well documented code and design documentation. Candidate should have experience leading out with authoring the right level of design documentation to assure team alignment, team throughput, etc. Desired Skills:
• Bonus: Experience with Electron Education:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent technical experienceLanguages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/