Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Construction Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, Ontario. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Who We Are in Toronto
The Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project will be 18 kilometres, running from the Port Credit GO station in Mississauga to the Brampton Gateway Terminal in southern Brampton, including service to the transit hub at Rathburn. It is expected to have 18 (eighteen) at-grade stops and 1 (one) underground Station at Port Credit operating in a separated guideway with traffic priority throughout most of the corridor. Accountabilities:
• Management and execution of the construction and installation activities under Hitachi Rail accountability within time and budgetary constraints, and in compliance with Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental Plans, and regulatory requirements applicable to the Project
• Report to Hurontario Project Director and Head of Construction Americas on the progress and status of work.
• Develop a Project Construction Dashboard to report on all construction progress, process kpis, technical and commercial issues related to the Construction and Installation activities.
• Identify potential problem areas and risks as they arise and develop and implement mitigation actions if and as required.
• Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
• Represent Hitachi Rail at coordination meetings with the Mobilinx Hurontario partners, Metrolinx (the client), their agents, other project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders.
• Coordinate the preparation of schedule projections for construction activities per contract requirements
• Lead the interface coordination efforts with other contractors as required for timely completion of the project
• Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
• Ensure all necessary Work Methods, Site Specific Work Plans and Activity Hazard Analyses are approved and implemented for all site work.
• Monitor work in progress to ensure that work is executed in compliance with the requirements of the contract and schedule
• Provide leadership in the establishment of field offices
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of Hitachi Rail on-site presence, security and access for visitors and sub-contractors; liaise with the Safety & Security teams, report any relevant safety or security issues, develop implement required corrective actions in compliance with best management practices during the period of construction
• Liaise with the Environmental Compliance Manager, report any relevant issues and assist in developing and implementation of required corrective actions
• Coordinate with Commissioning Manager to formally hand over the installed system for system commissioning and start-up activities
• In coordination with engineering and contract groups, facilitate and enable timely processing of changes and timely release of plans to expedite progress of the work
• In cooperation with the Project Control team, assist in monitoring and control of project budget
• Supervise daily on-site work activities for compliance with Contract requirements, and HS&E regime Required Skills/ Knowledge
• An individual well versed in installation and test requirements for metro and/or rail systems.
• Experience managing subcontractors
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for construction sites and railways.
• Good knowledge of installation work methods and hazards associated with telecommunications and electrical systems.
• Experience working with authorities and stakeholders to obtain permits and approvals for works in suburban environments
• Good working knowledge of modern office based software tools for scheduling and reporting. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Knowledge of Communication Based Train Control systems.
• Experience with civil interface management
• Experience working with construction activities on or near major roadways
• Experience with Light Rail projects Education / Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in engineering/construction or equivalent work experience Languages:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/