Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Control Systems Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Collaborate with product architect and engineering teams to translate customer requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
• Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
• Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners
• Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
• Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases Required Skills/Knowledge:
• Over 3 years' experience as systems engineer, product owner, business analyst or software engineer for large software products
• Must be able to demonstrate prior experience:
o Eliciting information from multiple sources and creating requirements and/or working software for a solution that satisfies all inputs
o Decomposing customer and internal systems specifications into software requirement specifications or working software
o Acting as technical liaison with end-user clients during the development process
o Knowledge of requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, and MS Office suite.
• Experience working on cross-functional, collaborative, self- organizing and accountable teams in individual contributor and lead roles
• Demonstrated proactive leadership with ability to present complex ideas concisely
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, creative and innovative thinker
• Excellent communicator/information sharer with strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional interviewing, probing, influencing skills
• Team builder, motivator, coach and trainer
• Excellent relationship and expectation management skills
• Effectively manages multiple activities of varying complexities with strong time/prioritization management skills
• Flexible & comfortable with change, having the ability to effectively manage and thrive with ambiguity Desired Skills:
• Prior experience working with an engineering company
• Prior experience working with a software company
• Experience with Agile teams including Scrum and Kanban
• Lean process implementation experience
• Experience leading teams beyond the status-quo to higher levels of excellence and performance Education:
• Bachelor Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/