Job description HITACHI RAIL STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join us in pivotal role to lead a multi-cultural geographically dispersed team in delivering a State of the Art Train Control System for South East Queensland.
The candidate we are looking for will have strong experience in project management with experience in implementing telecommunication systems ideally in an infrastructure environment. Experience in complex multi-party integration projects will set you apart.
We value the cultural diversity of our workforce therefore our ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying highly polished interpersonal and communication skills. ACCOUNTABILITIES
The accountabilities of the Project Manager will include but are not limited to:
Education, skills and experience
- Execute the key scope of work to cost, schedule and quality requirements;
- Form and maintain strong relationships across a complex customer environment;
- Lead a large multi-cultural team across a diverse geographical locations;
- Coordinating and supporting internal and external audits;
- Assisting the Project Director with commercial issues involving the Contract and Sub-contracts as necessary;
- Representing the Project Director at customer meetings and in meetings with company senior representatives;
- Ensuring all activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety.
- Degree in IT Engineering or Science, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years experience in a PM role in a telecommunication systems ideally in an infrastructure environment e.g. Mobile Phones systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying highly polished interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in leading large multi-cultural geographically dispersed team;
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.