Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role you will responsible for developing and delivering the operational maintenance plan, with the necessary engineering support information to allow the efficient scheduling and execution of rolling stock maintenance, across the train maintenance centre and outstation locations.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Focus on future maintenance work: daily; weekly; monthly; quarterly; and annually in order to develop and continually refine the maintenance plan for the LNER Class 80X fleets.
- Assess operational situation and dispatch requirements in order to inform the maintenance plan.
- Identify and prioritise maintenance tasks in accordance with contractual, performance, technical and safety requirements.
- Ensure all dispatch requirements are met for the operational day and assign spare rolling stock as required.
- Create and identify maintenance windows and determine the number of work hours available in order to produce work orders.
- Liaise with Engineering and Supply Chain departments to identify, allocate and leverage resources to enable the maintenance plan.
- Manage costs through the effective and efficient alignment of resources.
- Actively monitor the backlog of defects in order to reduce the amount of reactive maintenance and improve reliability.
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to drive improvement.
- Be reactive to incidents, disruptions and emergencies on the operational railway and amend the maintenance plan accordingly.
- Ensure defects in-service and emerging work is incorporated into the maintenance plan.
- Liaise with Production Schedulers and Production Staff at Train Maintenance Centres to agree the maintenance plan to be executed.
- Monitor the operational situation and record the fleet availability and reliability status as well as the KPI and presentation standards throughout the operational day in order to inform contractual requirements.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Control Room staff at the Railway Operating Centres (ROC) in order to inform the maintenance plan and allocation of rolling stock to Train Maintenance Centres.
- Liaise with Operations Support and Engineering staff in order to incorporate overhauls and technical investigations into the maintenance plan.
- Utilise the SAP Maintenance Management System (MMS) and other IT applications (SOROS, HFMT, Bugle, Acumen, Trust, Genius) where required in order to inform and develop the plan.
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance staff as required and assist in root cause and trend analysis to support fleet reliability improvements.
- Gather and analyse evidence and make maintenance decisions regarding the LNER Class 80X fleets on behalf of the business.
- Monitor and evaluate the maintenance plan in order to drive continuous improvement and support fleet reliability improvements.
- Lead and manage the Central Planning Cell (CPC) staff, producing personal development plans for direct reports and managing disciplinary issues as required.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders and maintain a customer focus.
Liaise with contractors and external repair agencies in order to inform the maintenance plan.
- Lead the daily conference calls and manage shift handovers.
Prepare reports and give verbal briefs as required.
Promote, support and comply with all health and safety practices in the workplace.
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required.
- Any other duties as directed by the Fleet Performance & Plans Manager.
Licences / Competences
- Sound knowledge of railway operations and previous experience of rolling stock maintenance.
- Previous experience of planning maintenance and production.
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, railway rules and regulations.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think quickly.
- Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) – SAP, Maximo or Equinox.
Licences / Competences
- Intermediate IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Understanding of reliability.
- Previous experience of using Integrale, Trust, Bugle and Acumen.
- Previous experience of working in operational railway control rooms would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Capable of working in stressful environments for long periods of time.
- Minimum Engineering HNC or equivalent qualification.
- Vocational engineering qualifications and experience.
- Management training qualifications or equivalent experience.
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 8th October 2020