Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com CNC Machinist (Internship) ROLE:
Assists in producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating both manual a computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools. Maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in planning machining process by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Assists in planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Assists in programming mills and lathes, including zero and reference points; setting tool offsets, tool compensation, and; calculating speed and feeds, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Use of overhead hoists and fork truck for material movement.
- Provide suggested preventative measures, to ensure inherent and robust machine capability.
- Responsible for making recommendations in regard to process improvements as well as new technology.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
- Understanding of work holding, collets, and tooling.
- Ability to read engineering prints and understanding of GD&T.
- Machining of various materials such as steel, stainless, tool steel and plastic.
- Conversational programming and understanding of G & M code.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Employ critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available December 2020 on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.