HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Project Planner
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Plan the construction and commissioning work on day-by-day basis
- Work with company leaders and third parties to produce detailed plans for the Project activities and all planned deliverables
- Assist Project Manager in producing project control reports including variation reports regarding time and budget as required by the Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager with the attendance of meetings with the customer and subcontractors regarding scheduling and project issues, ensuring that company interests are fully represented
- Monitor work in progress to ensure that work is executed in compliance with the requirements of the contract and schedule
- Participate in the Change Order Management process
- Execution of other duties as directed by the Project Manager
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Minimum of three(3) years of relevant project management and project planning experience
- Ability to use Primavera P6
- Ability to use Microsoft Project
- Strong ability to understand and analyze dependency logic and project critical path
- Highly motivated and adaptable to a time-sensitive environment in order to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Must be able to meet deadlines and effectively handle pressures associated with this role
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, Project constituents, third parties and general public
- 3-years of experience with rail construction projects
- 2-years of experience with large infrastructure construction projects
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in liaising with project stakeholders in the development of project schedules, while identifying milestones and critical paths
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant project management and project planning experience
Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/