Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior HR Generalist
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Implements policies and strategies ensuring that all aspects of the Project and the HR programs and administration are effectively and successfully managed and aligned with the overall objectives established by the contract.
- Aligns and supports Hitachi Rail Honolulu HR organizational vision, mission, structures, processes and people and recommend the design and implementation of solutions to ensure alignment with the overall direction of the HRH Organization consistent with best business practices.
- Participates in management of all legal employment compliance ensuring within local entity that all people are treated with dignity, respect, understanding and fairness
- Oversees management and delivery of all HR services and programs, including talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, civil rights/diversity, performance management, HR policies and strategies, HR operations and administration, HR systems and information management, and decision support.
- Collaborates with the Project's Executive and Senior Leadership Teams in leading efforts for workforce and succession planning, recruitment, and other key HR initiatives linked to the Organization's key goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements HR performance measures to gauge HR effectiveness in meeting Project (HRH) strategic goals Plans, coordinates, and conducts special studies on position classification matters. and objectives.
- Researches, adapts, and promotes best in class practices, fosters collaboration across all functional areas, ensures smooth implementation of HR solutions and builds overall capability of the organization.
- Provides effective, credible leadership and oversight on critical, high-profile HR initiatives and programs.
- Participates in Company change process by supporting and executing development of cultural contexts to accommodate Group and Local entity plans.
- Provides leadership, planning and prioritization for all HR activities, which includes HR administration functions, employee transactions management and reporting.
- Provides direction and operational oversight HR Department to support achievement of HR's service delivery strategy, including hiring, performance management, training/development, motivation of team.
- Ensures that all functions within the HR departments meet established targets through continuous evaluation, quality assurance and focused improvement efforts.
- Works with HR Central to spearhead local entity HR vendor strategy, and identifies HR functions for future opportunities.
- Automates HR processes where possible to eliminate inefficiencies, working with Central HR.
- Identifies, plans, implements and supports various HR systems, to meet the strategic goals of HR.
- Budgetary knowledge and experience as it relations to - financial, headcount, labor costs, recruitment and contract labor.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of organizational & development requirements to drive a positive, engaging, motivating culture aimed at employee satisfaction and business results.
- Knowledge of local market with an ability to resource strong business relations and talent development management at local entity level.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent people management skill, with the ability to handle difficult and complicated employee relations matters.
- Experience with labor relations/union environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years progressive HR work experience