Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this role you will be responsible for environmental and sustainability strategy development in line with Hitachi Rail’s year Business Assurance Plan and ensuring that environmental objectives are achieved by target dates alongside the Environmental Manager.
The role will also include ensuring that business wide and local processes are in place to ensure Hitachi Rail fulfil the requirements of their compliance obligations. This role is on a fixed term contract basis and can be home based. There will be travel to Hitachi Rail sites around the country involved.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· To act as the company representative on environmental matters alongside the Environmental Manager, provide support and advice to HRL colleagues and coordinate with internal and external interested parties;
· To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values;
· To assist the Environmental Manager with developing and realising the environmental and sustainability strategy throughout HRL and assist in the application of HRL’s Environmental Policy and other related policies throughout the organisation.
· To manage the development, implementation and continual improvement of environmental management systems at HRL sites, including carrying out regular site audits to ensure that processes relating to environmental management and sustainability are being applied and highlight non-conformities;
· To assist with monitoring environmental KPIs and objectives and reporting progress to the Environmental Manager;
· To contribute to corporate reporting activities as required or expected by HRL’s external and internal interested parties;
· To take responsibility for environmental initiatives that minimise HRL’s adverse environmental impacts and capitalise on sustainable opportunities;
· To raise employee awareness of environmental management and sustainability topics by being involved in employee development and training initiatives and Take Care;
· To input into tender bids where environmental management or sustainability input is required alongside the Environmental Manager;
· To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
· Be an experienced organiser with a proactive approach;
· Be a calm and collected person whom who has a structured outlook;
· Be someone who can bring a passion to be the best to HRL with a ‘can do’ attitude;
· Be able to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company through various communication channels;
· Have a commitment to work as part of a team within the Business Assurance department and collaborate with other support functions;
· Have report writing and data capture experience with ability to produce reports;
· Have a detailed understanding of the environmental legislative framework;
· Have experience in developing and introducing environmental policies and procedures for standardisation across HRL;
· Have experience in meeting deadlines and working alone and as part of a team to achieve targeted goals;
· Have Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Publisher and Visio experience;
· A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline;
· Practitioner membership with IEMA working towards full membership.
· Health and safety knowledge;
· An understanding of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001.
· Internal auditor training.
· Knowledge of business Management Systems.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!