This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45870
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Data Scientist I (DS) position supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED) related to sales of Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) or Plasma Etch (PE) equipment to the semiconductor industry. The position's main objective is to design, develop, and program systems to consolidate and analyze etcher and etching related diverse and unstructured “big data” sources. The DS generates actionable insights and solutions in support of HTA’s process development and process engineering teams.
• Interacts with process engineering teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
• Define data structures, evaluate data quality, and perform appropriate data analyses using relevant software.
• Develop and code software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
• Identify, interpret, and communicate meaningful insights, conclusions, and analysis to engineering, research teams, and business managers.
• Understand and contribute to statistical, machine learning, and first-principle modeling projects focusing on semiconductor processes.
• Translate technical questions into actionable experimental designs.
• Process development tasks with support from the process engineering team
• Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports for review by relevant stakeholders.
• Other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities