Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Data Intelligence (DI) Data Analyst (DA) is responsible for services delivery for DI technologies across Hitachi Vantara Federals' (HVF) customers worldwide. This responsibility includes leading large and/or complex deliveries, delivery of new and updated services and mentoring Data Analyst peers. Specifically, candidates for this position should have experience leading a delivery to design, architect, implement, and integrate DI solutions into customer environments.Responsibilities Overview
Large, Complex Customer Deliveries
The DI DA will be the technical resource responsible for ensuring the technical success of the professional services delivery. This may require a combination of coordinating with their project managers and peer consultants, design and planning efforts, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. The DI DA will work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to project closure. This role will include review and executing against project definition documents, completing and updating delivery checklists and pre-engagement checklists and creating and modifying customer facing deliverable solution documentation.Deliver New and Updated Services
The DI DA will be expected to self-start their own training to maintain the ability to deliver new and updated services as they are brought to our customers. The DI DA will learn about new service delivery offerings and at times may be the first to deliver new services in the field. The DI DA will deliver these new offerings and be expected to mentor peer Data Analysts on the job to help expand delivery knowledge into the delivery team. HVF does maintain an active lab and training/mentorship is available.
• Provide technical delivery for assigned engagements and drive customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the technical success of professional services engagements by engaging peers, leading design discussions, troubleshooting, and delivering as needed.
• Articulate the overall services solution and subsequent service delivery plan to implement the solution to the customer in terms the customer understands.
• Build relationships and trust with Engagement Managers, Project Managers, Solutions Consultants, and Solution Sales personnel engaged in service opportunities.
• Work with the project manager to provide regular communication to all stakeholders about the status of professional services engagements.
• Listen to customer needs and map customer challenges to GSS services and solutions.
• Exceed our customer expectations for services delivery quality, competence, and professionalism.
• Develop and test Java software plugins and integration modules for HCP family of products
• Develop and test components using TCP/IP, RSS, SMTP, ODBC/SQL, HTTP/REST, XML, JSON
• Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
• Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
• Mentor and advise junior team members
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
• Support consultants, partners, and the open source communityQualifications and Skills
• Must possess a TS/SCI clearance or currently have a TS with the ability to upgrade
• Demonstrate knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Java development for API based solutions
o Enterprise object storage solutions (e.g., S3, HCP, Centera)
o Object storage data migrations
o Data Analytics solution development
o GUI development and programming
o Scripting for operational needs
• Minimum 1 to 3 years professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing data-driven applications for enterprise environments
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
o Experience writing, extending and maintaining Java programs
o Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
o Experience with development and management of Linux based OSs
o Experience with XML and JSON
o Experience with configuration management tools such as Git
• Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
• Experience with Pentaho and/or Hitachi Content Intelligence a strong plus
• Experience with APIs for SharePoint, MS Exchange or MS Work Folder Server
• Create internal and customer facing documentation using Microsoft Office product suite.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrate excellent customer/business presentation skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel 15-30%
• Security+ Certification (must be completed prior to start
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.