The CV Clinical Application Specialist position exists for individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the fulfillment of the clinical applications responsibilities as well as extensive experience and superior product knowledge with the Hitachi product line. Additionally, the CV Clinical Application Specialist will be called on to support for Hitachi staff and customers related to the application of our products in the cardiology/vascular market.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide diagnostic ultrasound clinical applications support to the Hitachi field sales team and to Hitachi’s customers related primarily to the cardiology/vascular market. The major responsibilities include the following:
- Operation and demonstration of the Hitachi ultrasound system(s), in a clinical setting, for sales demonstrations.
- Provide customer training and installation of Hitachi systems at new customer accounts.
- Provide continuing clinical and product support to the Hitachi customer base as required.
- Provide clinical training and support at Hitachi alliances and new market segments.
- Provide specific clinical and product application support related to cardiology in the support of the Hitachi sales and marketing team.
- Professionally represent the company and demonstrate the features, benefits and clinical applications of Hitachi’s products at trade shows.
- Develop, recommend and implement product demonstration strategies.
- Collect clinical images appropriate for use in sales promotional materials.
- Support Service product troubleshooting in situations where product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a customer problem is in the operation of the system (operator error) or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a reasonable expectation of that particular Hitachi model’s performance.
- Provide support in the clinical evaluations of new products or new product technologies.
- Learn and maintain expert level knowledge of Hitachi’s product features, operation and application.
- Provide assistance to Clinical Applications Manger related to special projects as required.
- Understand and follow all Hitachi procedures and policies related to management systems and direction.
- Extensive Travel is required.
- Other duties as discussed with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Formal training in the clinical utilization of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Experience as a clinical sonographer, preferably at a university or academic institution.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a Clinical Applications Specialist and/or Clinical Product Manager for a diagnostic ultrasound company or in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of PACS and current technologies-3D, strain, stress, diastology, etc...
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfortable with daily use of PC and associated software applications
- RDCS certification required
- RVT, ACS, Fetal or Pediatric certifications preferable
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions.
- Ability to use personal, public and air transportation.
- Has sufficient sight to observe to adequately view sonograms, and to distinguish different colors.
- Has sufficient hearing to respond to and interact with those involved in demos, training, etc. Has the ability to distinguish audible sounds of the equipment, such as Doppler.
- Has full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders; can extend the hands and arms in any direction up to 3-4 feet above the head; Seize, hold, grasp, turn and otherwise work with both hands; Pick, pinch, twist or otherwise work with wrists and fingers of both hands.
- Bend and stoop routinely.
- Have the verbal and written skills sufficient to respond promptly in communications with co-workers, customers, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 100 percent of the time.
- Reside in reasonable proximity to a major airport for easy access to air-travel.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Access to a national credit card for business use.
- Possess skills to organize work and self as necessary to support travel schedule and customer training activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support the needs associated with training others on the operation of medical imaging equipment and conveying to the Hitachi organization the status of the application specialist activities.
- Self-motivated to continually learn and teach others.
- Ability to identify customer concerns and product performance issues with conveying them to the Hitachi organization as well as provide suggestions and solutions for resolution.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.