Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate has a consolidated experience in railway or metro projects
and has a mobility mindset. The position is based in PANAMA.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Overall technical solution delivery on Signalling & Turn key projects for bidding and contract phase. Proper execution of the technical activities in term of technical solution implementation, design costs, document submission schedule and quality.
- Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget and contractual requirements;
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, interface management, CTC, MPR updates, minutes of the meetings, risk register, and change orders;
- Prioritization and monitoring of Engineering status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and engineering support activities;
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer;
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution;
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule;
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place;
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years' experience as project engineer or lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications in railway or mass-transit environments;
- Maintaining and controlling budget and forecast;
- Schedule monitoring/development and planning competencies;
- Knowledge of risk management;
- Resource and task management;
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle;
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools;
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience and cultures;
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time;
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills;
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Familiar with Wayside Engineering products, technology, and project deliverables;
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work;
- Experience with overall systems architecture design;
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems;
- Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role.
Education / Qualifications
Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
English and Spanish Proficiency
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/