Job ID: 45899
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Ink Production Technician-Temporary
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Industrial Components & Equipment Division (ICED)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Temporary, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is searching for an energetic, ambitious individual to work in the growing ink jet manufacturing , a part of the Industrial Components & Equipment Division in our Charlotte, NC office. This position will report to the Ink Manufacturing supervisor. This position will be responsible for QC testing and blending inks for Hitachi’s Continuous Inkjet Printer products. The ink compositions are precise and are process dependent, thus requiring sharpness, attention to details, and good mathematical skills. This position will also be trained for qualification and testing of inks in the inkjet printer.
· Production, testing, and packaging of ink batches.
· Assisting in the qualification and testing of inks in the inkjet printers.
· Lab scale-up and production of inks including testing and packaging.
· Report testing results and observations to chemists.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment in compliance with OSHA and local safety regulations.
· Responsible for maintenance of testing and manufacturing equipment to ensure that they are safe and in good working order.
· May assist chemists in formulation and testing of inks.
· Maintain warehouse, ink room, and supply room in a good working order
· Awareness of HazMat and SDS handling
· The successful candidate will have a minimum of HS diploma or at least two years of industrial work experience and strong mathematical skills.
· Must have a strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot industrial printers as needed.
· Safety awareness in the laboratory and manufacturing environment.
· Must have solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds safely.
· Good organizational skills a good sense of urgency
· Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally if required.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities