Job ID: 45956
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Warehouse Group Leader to work A shift (Monday through Friday 6:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.) and C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.) at our Monroe, Georgia location. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Group Leader leads the warehouse team at Hitachi Automotive Systems (HIAMS)GAGA facility in daily operations and meets customer, department or delivery requirements. This person will assist in training and development of department employees, as well as maintain a safe, clean, and healthy work environment.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Support Warehouse Supervisor and other departmental employees in completing daily activities and achieving departmental goals.
2. Coordinate new employee and ongoing training and daily operating functions with warehouse management. Write work instructions as assigned.
3. Perform functions of other warehouse employees in the event of absences or other operational needs.
4. Lead, coordinate and direct material handlers in their routine duties and activities. Delegate and assign work specific tasks to material handlers as needed.
5. Train material handlers on departmental and/or company policies. Train or delegate training to experienced warehouse personnel on job specifics.
6. Ensure that all company safety rules are being adhered to. Report any safety hazards and incidents to Warehouse Supervisor.
7. Ensure that material handlers provide uninterrupted service to production lines with attention to tight inventory control.
8. Oversee progress of supplies, parts, and finished products for early detection of shortages.
9. Ensure all shipments are prepared according to customer specifications. Identify and communicate potential problems to the Warehouse Supervisor.
10. Prepares shipment paperwork such as, but not limited to, BOL, packing slips, invoices, UPS, FedEx, etc.
11. Maintain and monitor management of waste stream levels and coordinate scheduling of such pickups.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Over 2 years warehouse/ inventory experience and at least 2 years experience working in the production/manufacturing industry.
3. 2 years forklift experience.
4. Must be safety-oriented and detail-oriented.
5. Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently.
6. Basic computer skills (such as MS Office, email, etc.).
7. Data entry or prior database use and/or ERP (such as PRMS, Oracle) experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).